Sunshine Village has implemented the Province of Alberta’s Restrictions Exemption Program (REP) to access our Resort, including all buildings, ski lifts, the Sunshine Mountain Lodge, and Resort amenities. Guests are required to present an accepted form of Proof of Entry, plus personal identification confirming full name and date of birth, prior to boarding the Sunshine Coach, and again prior to entry at the Sunshine Village Ski and Snowboard Resort.
Sunshine Coach will verify Proof of Entry documents and personal identification of each Sunshine Village guest prior to boarding bus. Guests for Sunshine Village who do not present valid Proof of Entry and valid personal ID must not be permitted access. Passengers who arrive at Sunshine Village without valid proof of entry documents will not be permitted entry to any Sunshine Village facility or onto Sunshine Village transportation. All responsibility for the Guest and transportation back to the starting point is the responsibility of Sunshine Coach.
Accepted forms of Proof of Entry when shown with a government-issued personal ID are the following:
Guests that are 0 -12 years are not required to undergo any screening under the REP.
- Alberta vaccine record with a QR code
- Canadian Armed Forces vaccine record
- First Nations immunization record
- Vaccine records issued by other provinces and territories
- ArriveCan app for international travellers and valid international travel identity document
- Negative privately paid COVID-19 test from within the previous 72 hours (rapid antigen or rapid PCR and Health Canada approved. No self-administered “at home”, workplace-administered, or AHS public health tests permitted)
- Valid proof of medical exemption
Accepted forms of personal identification for those guests 18 years and over:
- Driver’s licence
- Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Government issued personal identification card
- Alberta Health Card
- Birth certificate
- Métis card, Treaty card, Inuit status card
Sunshine Village Guests who hold a verified Picture Pass from Sunshine Village (includes Sunshine Village season pass, SkiBig3 season pass, and registered Direct-to-Lift Sunshine SuperCards, IKON Passes, and Mountain Collective Passes) do not need to show their proof of vaccination documents for Resort Entry or on Sunshine Coach but must show their verified picture pass.
Sunshine Village Province of Alberta’s Restriction Exemption Program (REP) details can be found here: https://www.skibanff.com/rep
COVID-19 information for Albertans can be found here: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx